Sunday, February 24, 2008

I love my Pa



I love my Pa. I don't really understand what it means that he died on Thursday. We had lots of special times together. He came over to hang out with me every week or two and we always had lots of Pa cuddles. Mummy used to leave us together in the lounge room and we would trade jokes and secrets. Sometimes Mummy would come back and find us playing on the floor, or having races, or practising climbing (I was the climber, Pa was the climbee). Last time he came over I surprised him by reaching out for him as soon as Mummy opened the front door. Pa cuddle! When he left we would have a family hug and then I would wave bye bye to him as he drove away. (Sometimes I even managed to wave while he could still see me.) He loved giving me my lunch - he said lunchtime was called tucker time - and he and Mummy usually had a sandwich with me while I was finishing my milk. Recently he was calling me Six-tooth Dan and he always told me I was gorgeous. And I always grinned back at him, just to show him how right he was. Thank you Pa. I love you.

No comments: